Saturday, November 9, 2019

November already!! Working on Reflections

Middle of  November already -- hard to believe! With a half dozen wonderful women I'm deep into editing the next issue of Reflections which will be the 20th issue--a special landmark. This one has more content (and it seems to me a higher caliber) than the previous ones.  I am not a believer in the all-American motto that "Bigger is better" but in this case I think it's true. It's also more work and I'm grateful to have the  "comma crew" go over every submissions.

Indeed, we're add a great many commas, also hyphens and corrected much grammar. One committee member, Cathy holds her cell phone ready to check many spellings and facts on Google. It sounds awfully nerdy, but I really have enjoyed the sessions for the past six weeks. One more meeting on the editing and then a subcommittee will work another three or four weeks and lay out the anthology. I enjoy the discussions and decision making about what can follow what, where we need to add in a lighter poem, what photos works where.  Perhaps I missed a career that would have been satisfying, not getting into publishing. But then most people miss many possible accomplishments. I'm happy with this bit of work at this stage in my life --- and especially so because I'm not alone, I have compatible and trustworthy and admirable help.  How often can people in business say that? 

No comments: